After a three-year hiatus, Singapore’s iconic Sundown Marathon is back! Join thousands of people as you follow a route weaving through Singapore’s quintessential landmarks. Here’s everything you can expect and need to know about one of Asia’s biggest night marathons.
What is the Sundown Marathon?
The very first Sundown Marathon was created in 2008 as part of a unique training program for ultra-marathons. Night running was a requisite for these events and Sundown Marathon was first created as practice for the ultra-marathons. Since then, the annual night marathon has grown in strength and number, reaching up to 25,000 participants. The Sundown Marathon is open to all ages, nationalities, and genders, and has four categories: 5 km, 10 km, 21 km, and 42 km.
Why People Join the Sundown Marathon
Whether you’re new to the running circuit or are a veteran runner, the Sundown Marathon boasts plenty of reasons to join and enjoy this endurance event:
- Vibrant local running sceneIs there anything better than running with people who share the same passion and enjoyment that you do? Get to meet fellow runners from all over the world and make lifelong friends as you endure the race together.
- Unique event experienceNo race is ever the same. Especially this one! Where else will you get the experience of a running tour, racing through the streets of Singapore while admiring the nightscape?
- Perfect for all running levelsThe great thing about the Sundown Marathon is that it’s open to everyone, regardless of their experience. Kids and beginners can join the 5 km fun run and more experienced runners can opt for the 21 km half marathon or the full 42 km marathon. You can even make it a whole bonding experience and bring the whole family!
- Scenic courseFrom Republic Boulevard and East Coast Park to Gardens by the Bay and the Merlion, the Sundown Marathon race route will take you through some of Singapore City’s famous landmarks. Not a bad way to explore the city!
- Amazing experiencesRace aside, Singapore is a world-class city with a myriad of culturally diverse activities you can do. You can hit up the Night Safari or Universal Studios for some fun and adventure or keep it calm and chill with some restaurant hopping.
- Meet like-minded peopleThe best part of great social experiences like these is meeting other runners who are just as passionate as you are about running. And the socialization doesn’t stop after the race! Meet up in a local bar, hang out at a local tourist spot, and see where your adventures will take you.
Sundown Marathon 2023 Details
Dates: May 20-21, 2023
Location / Starting Point: F1 Pit Building, Singapore
|5 KM Fun Run (Kids, Youth) *for runners under 17 years old*||5 KM Fun Run||10 KM Challenge||10 KM Challenge – Team of 4||21 KM Half Marathon||42 KM Marathon|
|Super Early Bird Rate (until January 29, 2023)||SGD 45.00||SGD 55.00||SGD 75.00||SGD 250.00||SGD 85.00||SGD 105.00|
|Early Bird Rate (until February 26, 2023)||SGD 50.00||SGD 60.00||SGD 85.00||SGD 280.00||SGD 100.00||SGD 120.00|
|Normal Rate (until April 30, 2023)||SGD 65.00||SGD 70.00||SGD 95.00||SGD 320.00||SGD 115.00||SGD 135.00|
|5 KM Fun Run||10 KM Challenge||21 KM Half Marathon||42 KM Marathon|
|Flag-off time: (May 20, 2023)||8:00 PM||10:00 PM||11:30 PM||11:30 PM|
|Cut-off time:||9:30 PM||12:30 AM||4:00 AM||7:30 AM|
The Best Way to Experience the Sundown Marathon
If you’re going to be participating in this once-in-a-lifetime event, you’ll also want to get the most out of this experience. Instead of worrying and stressing about your itinerary, where you’ll be staying, and what you’ll be doing, consider booking one of Endurance Travel’s packages for the best race experience!
- Guaranteed Race EntryLock in your place at the starting line! You won’t need to worry about missing out on a running slot or even having to register yourself. Every package includes one race entry per booking.
- Airport TransfersDon’t stress over logistics or being ripped off by exorbitant airport taxi rates. All packages include roundtrip airport transportation straight to your hotel.
- Daily Hotel BreakfastsThe best way to start your morning is with… a buffet breakfast! Fuel your body with a delicious array of food options to guarantee to keep you going throughout the day.
- Facilitated RunsWant some running, conditioning, strengthening, or training advice from a professional? You have the option to join pre- and post-race runs facilitated by the Philippines’ celebrity coach, Rio de la Cruz.
- Welcome ReceptionDon’t worry about feeling like a fish out of water upon your arrival. You’re guaranteed a warm reception from the Endurance Travel team who will be more than happy to help you out with whatever you need.
- Post-Race Celebration DinnerA proper post-race celebration is a MUST! Celebrate your achievements surrounded by your fellow runners and companions. Your dinner and drinks are on us!
- Guided City ToursSome packages have options for curated guided tours that cover some of Singapore’s most iconic landmarks. Whether it’s your first time in Singapore or not, each tour was created to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience.
- FinisherPixStay focused on the race and let the pros do the documenting for you! Each package includes HD race photos and a personal video which will be sent to you via email for you to share on your social media channels.
What’s not included:
- Meals (outside of hotel breakfasts)
- Miscellaneous expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Travel insurance
|Tour||Experience Package||Experience Package + Tours||Premium Experience Package||Premium Experience Package + Tours|
|Price||SGD 2,550.00 (SGD 1,275.00 down payment)||SGD 2,800.00 (SGD 1,400.00 down payment)||SGD 4,340.00 (SGD 2,170.00 down payment)||SGD 4,580.00 (SGD 2,290.00 down payment)|
|1 guaranteed race entry||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Hotel accommodation (4 days, 3 nights)||✔
|Roundtrip airport transfers||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Complimentary Tarkine Goshawk Running Shoes||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Complimentary Tarkine Tee||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Facilitated runs with a celebrity coach||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Finishers Pix Photo and Video Pack||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Guided city tours||❌||✔||❌||✔|
Are you ready for the Sundown Marathon? You already know what to expect, but what happens after the event? Where is your next running destination? If you haven’t got a place in mind yet, check out Australia for The Blackmore’s Sydney Marathon. It’s going to be a lot of fun with just as much adventure. See you there!
About Endurance Travel
Passionate about travel and sports? So is Endurance Travel . We are a tour package specialist that provides tailored sports travel for fellow sports and travel enthusiasts. We enable people to participate in some of the world’s best events and explore some of the world’s most beautiful locations. Our mission is to give you the type of experience we seek for ourselves.